Recently, I partnered with Birds Eye Vegetables to cook up a yummy dish. Their frozen vegetables are my secret meal hacks to get our veggies in!
I find a lot of my dairy free inspo from Simply Whisked, Melissa has a dairy free recipe for almost everything you can think of it seems like! I came across this recipe for her Thai Peanut Nooldes and thought this would pair so perfect with Birds Eye’s frozen Shredded Carrots & Broccoli Florets and we even added some grilled chicken.
Birds Eye offers a variety of frozen vegetables that are easy to pair with almost every meal! Check out my version of Simply Whisked’s Thai Peanut Noodles-
PEANUT VEGGIE NOODLES WITH CHICKEN
*Adapted from Simply Whisked
- 8 oz rice noodles (or you can use spaghetti/linguine)
- 1 package of Birds Eyes Steamfresh Vegetables
- 1 lb of chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I use PB2 powdered peanut butter, mix this with water to create 1/3 a cup of peanut butter)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, 2 for sauce, 2 for chicken
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt (to your preference for chicken)
- Pepper (to your preference for chicken)
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, grill or cook chicken until cooked through, dice chicken and set aside.
- Cook Birds Eye Steamfresh veggies either in the microwave, or I like to cook the veggies on a pan for several minutes until cooked through and set aside.
- Cook egg noodles (or pasta) according to package instructions.
- In a bowl, whisk together peanut butter, olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, water, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- When noodles are cooked drain and then return to pot with sauce, diced chicken, and veggies.
- Garnish with cilantro.