Sure, Christmas morning is about presents, but what about the food?! We’ve started a few Christmas morning/Christmas day traditions in our house, depending on which house Thomas is waking up in! This year, he’ll be waking up with us so we’ll have his cousins and Joel’s family over so we can all open presents together and enjoy that breakfast you see pictured above!
That gorgeous casserole you see above is actually the unbaked version of what I’ll be baking Christmas morning. I found the original version of this everything bagel casserole recipe quite some time ago and have made it a few times, but in true #livelovefinds style, I wanted to make some changes and make it my own. My favorite part of this recipe and what makes it perfect for Christmas day is that you can make it up to a day or two before and leave it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake! Can’t wait to dig into this!
Everything Bagel Casserole
Ingredients (10 people)
- 5 everything bagels, cut into small cubes
- 2 boxes of Taylor Ham*, cooked and diced
- 2 cups of Gruyere Cheese, shredded (I like a thicker shred for this recipe)
- 8 oz of Cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 7 large eggs
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
*Note: As always, I guesstimate my seasoning! This recipe originally called for bacon, but I LOVE Taylor Ham. If you know, you know. If not, educate yourself here. When I discovered that my usual Publix sells Taylor Ham right next to the Canadian Bacon, I never looked back.
- Grease a 13×9 casserole dish
- Add 1/2 of the following ingredients: everything bagels, Taylor ham, Gruyere cheese and cream cheese
- Repeat with the other half of following: everything bagels, Taylor ham, Gruyere cheese and cream cheese
- In a bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream and preferred seasoning. Whisk until combined.
- Pour heavy cream and egg mixture evenly over bagels making sure all are covered.
- Tightly cover dish and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to two days.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 °
- Bake casserole with aluminum foil for 40 minutes, remove foil then continue to bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments below if you try this recipe and what your thoughts are!
I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season!