I don’t know about you, but my eating during quarantine has not been at it’s best. I’ve been craving lots of comfort foods, such as mac & cheese. So here’s a healthier, dairy free version of a classic comfort side dish or entire meal!
I’ve tried a lot of pasta substitutes, not sure why it took me so long to try out dairy free Cauliflower Mac & Cheeze. Not only is this done in 20 minutes, but it’s super filling! I updated this dish to add some sausage, but you could essentially add any protein, I’m thinking ground beef next time!
Cauliflower mac & cheeze (Dairy free)
Ingredients: Serves 3-4
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 16 oz. of preferred Sausage or Protein, cooked (this can be omitted)
- 1/3 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup of dairy free shredded cheese (I used this one)
- Garlic Parsley Powder
*Note: If you’re by a Publix, I love this sausage. When I made this recipe I used Bratwurst because that’s all there was #coronavirus
- Bring a large pot full of water to a boil. In the meantime, cut entire cauliflower head into small florets.
- Boil cauliflower florets for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and drain cauliflower
- Return cauliflower to pot
- Mix in coconut milk, shredded cheese, seasoning and stir
- If using a protein, mix in cooked protein, serve and enjoy!