Since I started my lemon detox a few weeks back, I’ve been on a lemon kick. Trying to incorporate lemon into all aspects of things we ingest here. More notably I’ve been baking with lemon, but I just recently created this dairy free easy Chicken Piccata recipe! Check it out below and let me know what you think!
Easy chicken Piccata
- 2 lbs of boneless & skinless chicken thighs (traditionally you use breast, but I don’t buy breast meat), pounded thin
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to season (use as much or as little as you’d like)
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 5 tbsp of dairy free butter (or regular butter)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of cooking white wine
- Season both sides of pounded thin chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 3 tbsp of butter and 3 tbsp of oil in pan over medium heat.
- While pan is heating, dredge all chicken in cornstarch on both sides
- When pan is ready, cook chicken in pan approx 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through
- When chicken has finished cooking, transfer to plate
- Lower heat slightly and add juice of lemon chicken stock and white wine, mix until combined
- Return chicken to pan and let simmer in sauce for 5 minutes
- Remove chicken from pan, transfer to plate
- Add remaining butter (2 tbsp) to pan and whisk vigorously for a 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken and served over rice, veggies or pasta!