With holiday season in full swing and our wedding around the corner, we are making some big efforts around here in December to be eating a little cleaner. Today, I’m sharing with you one of our favorite taco recipes. These cauliflower tacos are perfect for a #meatlessmonday meal or a day like today, taco Tuesday! The best part, these tacos are pretty much on the table in 30 minutes!
When I first started making this recipe, it was #BAF, before air fryer. Now that we have an air fryer, this recipe is ready in half the time! Below, check out this recipe, a link to shop my exact air fryer, and some pictures of all the fun stuff we’ve been up to!
Ingredients: (This will make 6 tacos)
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 4 limes (3 for cauliflower, 1 for dairy free sour cream)
- Garlic Powder
- Chipotle Powder
- Onion Powder
- 1/4 a cup of dairy free plain yogurt (I used this one)
- 1/4 a cup of diced red onion
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Dairy free shredded cheese of your choice (we used cheddar because it’s what we had)
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F. If using a regular oven, preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower florets, olive oil, juice of 3 limes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chipotle powder and onion powder. Season to your liking and combine.
- When heated, place cauliflower in air fryer (or oven). If cooking in air fryer cook for 6 minutes at 370°F. After 6 minutes, shake your cauliflower (my air fryer doesn’t have a shake option, so I do this manually) and cook again for another 6 minuets at 370°F. If cooking in a regular oven, cook for 20-25 minutes at 375°F.
- While your cauliflower is cooking, mix the 1/4 cup of day free yogurt with juice of one lime to create your sour cream.
- When cauliflower is ready, create your tacos whichever way you’d like with your preferred toppings and enjoy!
Notes: As always, I don’t measure my spices and just eyeball what I add, always using a touch more of the ones we really like, here’s looking at you chipotle. To make this recipe even healthier, use the cauliflower on top of a salad and skip the tortillas! Let me know what you try!
If you don’t have an air fryer and have some extra kitchen space, I highly recommend one! They are pretty big and take up lots of room, but on a crazy weeknight, it’s a lifesaver in helping put together a quick meal! This is the one I have! AND it’s on sale!!