Many of you have followed along on what seemed to be a never ending journey. Finally, 5 pandemic and pregnant months later, it is nearly complete. I say nearly because we need to complete the finishing of our window, but I can live with that!
I want to share with you not only our kitchen and all the details I spent weeks and months planning, but also some tips! Then check out below the complete transformation! Let me know what you think!
Kitchen Remodeling Tips
- Hire a contractor and don’t deal with it. HAHA, but really!
- Ok, so if you’re not going to hire a contractor, go with somebody local through recommendations. They will pay much more attention to detail and the customer service will far exceed that of any big name company. I can say TRUST ME on this as we used a mix of both for this project.
- Be prepared to wait and for things to NOT go according to plan.
- Budget for lots of take take out. While I looked forward to this initially, it got old real quick.
- Hold on to a microwave to be able to do some cooking! I am quite surprised at all the things I was able to make in there!
- Bonus: this experience put me back in touch with my air fryer! Also VERY handy when you don’t have access to a major appliance.
- Despite having a PERFECT timeline, things never go according to plan, reference #3. We held on to our old appliances in our garage until new ones came and were able to be installed. This was key!
- BE PICKY and SPEAK UP! It’s your money and you should get EXACTLY what you want AND paid for. If you follow me on IG you know all the bumps in the road that came along with this kitchen. But as I type this, sitting in an almost complete kitchen, I’m thankful for all the hell I raised (and it was a lot) to get exactly what we wanted!
All products are linked below, but if there is something you don’t see, always reach out or if you have any questions about our personal experience, always reach out!