Last week most of you voted to see an Instant Pot recipe so I’m sharing with you my own recipe for Instant Pot dairy free meatballs! If you’ve noticed with a lot my recipes, I like things to be QUICK. Not only are these meatballs super quick to make (I’m talking start to table, 30 minutes max), but they are DELICIOUS! There’s also tons of ways to make these your own!
instant pot meatballs
Ingredients: (This can serve about 6, or have enough leftovers for a few days!)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of of Panko breadcrumbs (regular breadcrumbs can be used, but are not dairy free)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- rosemary (only because I didn’t have oregano!)
- 1 16 oz. jar of preferred pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup of water
- Mix ground beef, ground veal, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and rosemary/oregano all together. I like to use my hands for this step.
- Take meat mixture in hands and make 1 1/2 inch balls, using all meat, place on a plate until ready to put in instant pot.
- Put 1/4 of sauce on the bottom of Instant Pot, enough to coat the bottom. This will prevent meatballs from browning.
- Place all the meatballs in the Instant Pot. It’s OK if you have 2 or 3 on top of all the other meatballs, see picture above for reference.
- Pour remainder of jarred sauce all over meatballs, so they are all covered.
- Pour 1/3 cup of water over meatballs and sauce.
- Cover Instant Pot and set to pressure cook for 13 minutes.
- You can do a natural release or quick release.
- Skim fat off the top and serve your delicious meatballs.
Notes: I use some water because in the past some of my sauces have been too chunky and I’ve gotten a burn warning from my Instant Pot. You can serve these meatballs with pasta or a personal favorite around here is with rice. I also used my leftovers in an cold pasta arugula salad for lunch and that was delicious! Feel free to sprinkle from dairy free Parmesan on top!